This Exploring the Periodic Table Worksheet was designed for middle and high school students who need extra practice understanding the many features of the Periodic Table. Key vocabulary includes Dmitri Mendeleev, atomic number, chemical symbol, atomic mass, period, group, family, protons, neutrons, electrons, metals, nonmetals, and metalloids.
This double-sided worksheet features a helpful content summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help. This worksheet is an excellent complement to my Organizing the Periodic Table Worksheet
There are 5 modified true or false questions, 4 multiple choice questions, and 11 short answer questions where students have to apply what they know about the information found inside each square of the periodic table to some higher-order thinking questions. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for secondary school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Introducing the Engineering Design Process Worksheet
Introduction to Density Worksheet
Exploring Density Worksheet
Introduction to Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet
Introduction to Significant Figures Worksheet
Introduction to Physical and Chemical Changes Worksheet
Matter Changing States Worksheet
©2016 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please purchase additional licenses if you wish to share with colleagues.
Graphics and fonts by:
Ink n Little Things
Ron Leishman Digital Toonage
Surfin' Through Second