This Exploring the Scientific Method worksheet was designed for middle school students learning about the scientific method. Key concepts include scientific inquiry, hypothesis, control group, experimental group, independent variable, dependent variable, scientific theory, and scientific law.
This double-sided worksheet features a detailed summary at the top which students can refer back to while they’re working if they need help.
There are 6 modified true or false questions, 8 questions where students have to match key terminology to a definition, and 3 scenarios where students have to identify the independent or manipulated variable, the dependent or responding variable, the experimental group, and the control group. This worksheet is perfect for the beginning of the year. Give as classwork, assign as homework, or leave for a sub!
All of my worksheets include:
- Name, date, and section at the top.
- Margins that have been appropriately adjusted on the front and back pages to accommodate for hole punching and easy placement in a 3-ring binder.
- Fun and age-appropriate graphics and fonts for middle school students!
- A complete answer key!
If you like this product, you might also like my:
Introduction to Technology Worksheet
Introducing the Engineering Design Process Worksheet
FREE Safety in the Science Classroom Worksheet
Acting Like a Scientist Worksheet
Introduction to Density Worksheet
Exploring Density Worksheet
Introduction to Balancing Chemical Equations Worksheet
Introduction to Significant Figures Worksheet
Introduction to Physical and Chemical Changes Worksheet
Matter Changing States Worksheet
©2015 Adventures in Science
* Permission to use for personal use only.
* Please do not share this file with others.
* Additional licenses may be bought for half price for interested colleagues.
Graphics and fonts by:
Ink n Little Things
Ron Leishman Digital Toonage
Surfin' Through Second