Also included in
- 90 LESSONS to encourage a growth mindset. Great for END of the YEAR ACTIVITIES when you have time: FUN, MEANINGFUL life lessons! IN-PERSON or ONLINE DISTANCE learning. Use it again during BACK to SCHOOL season with your new class to set a tone of learning. You get:Handouts / Activities, Review quest$75.00$149.10Save $74.10
This is the introduction overview lesson to our “Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills” unit.
The Six Cs are a bunch of skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills that some people think you’re going to need to be successful in the 21st century.
This year, you’re going to be learning a lot of stuff in class. You’re going to be learning about English, Math, Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Art, Music, etc.
- The provincial / state curriculum tells us what you’re going to learn at school.
- The six Cs are about HOW to learn and do things.
The six Cs are things that everyone can do, and should do. And, if you can start to learn and develop these skills at school, you’ll find you can apply them at home, in relationships, now, and in the future.
Today’s lesson is just an overview of what we’re going to be doing for the next few weeks. It’s a road map so you know where we’re headed.
The READ ME file contains the following information:
A. EXAMPLES OF HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
B. WHAT DO I GET IN THIS PACKAGE?
C. INSTRUCTIONS TO SET UP THE POWERPOINT (HOW TO INSTALL FONTS)
D. GOOGLE SLIDES LINKS
E. THINGS TO KNOW (Generic technical / copyright stuff)
The ZIPPED file contains:
- Lesson Plan PDF
- Lesson Slideshow Powerpoint PPT file
The links to the GOOGLE SLIDES file are in the READ ME file.
NOTE: THIS LESSON IS PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE about Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills / Competencies
The Six Cs are a bunch of transferable skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills to help us be successful in the 21st century.
Each Chapter package focuses on a different “C” and contains different lessons, slides, videos, and handouts. Although we use the same structure in each chapter (activity, video, vocabulary building), there is no overlap of content between packages.
Lessons can be purchased individually, or you can SAVE MONEY and purchase the entire unit as a BUNDLE.
- Unit Overview (THIS LESSON)
- Introduction: Fun Activities & Ice Breakers (21st Century Skills)
- Chapter 1. A week of Character
- Chapter 2. A week of Citizenship
- Chapter 3. A week of Collaboration
- Chapter 4. 2 weeks of Communication
- Chapter 5. 2 weeks of Creativity/Innovation
- Chapter 6. 5 weeks of Critical Thinking
- Review / Assessment: 21st Century Skills Challenge Task
Thursday June 11, 2020 update: How do you teach students the difference between fair and equal?
- If we say that we don't see colour and everyone is equal, just look at your pencil crayons. Do some colours get used more than others - even though colours are "equal"?
- Fairness does not mean treating everyone the same. Fairness means respecting differences and giving everyone what they need so that everyone has equal opportunity.
- When we say everyone gets treated "equally" so things are fair... that usually means we stop asking ourselves if things are actually fair by looking at outcomes.
- My anti-racism / social justice / citizenship debates lesson package is currently 50% off right now to support teachers discussing recent events in the US.
- ⭐Thank you to the many teachers who have downloaded it this past week. It's important to address these issues in a way that acknowledges and support all of our students.
Educircles has helped teachers around the world with over 10,836 product downloads! FOLLOW my store to stay in the loop!