Also included in
- 90 LESSONS. Help students to go BACK TO SCHOOL with a growth mindset. Handouts / Activities, Review questions, Comprehensive lesson plans, Slideshow lessons. Learning skills for school and life. FACE to FACE or ONLINE DISTANCE learning. Encourage a GROWTH MINDSET through 21st Century LEARNING SKILLS$67.99$131.16Save $63.17
This is the introduction overview lesson to our “Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills” unit.
The Six Cs are a bunch of skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills that some people think you’re going to need to be successful in the 21st century.
This year, you’re going to be learning a lot of stuff in class. You’re going to be learning about English, Math, Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Art, Music, etc.
- The provincial / state curriculum tells us what you’re going to learn at school.
- The six Cs are about HOW to learn and do things.
The six Cs are things that everyone can do, and should do. And, if you can start to learn and develop these skills at school, you’ll find you can apply them at home, in relationships, now, and in the future.
Today’s lesson is just an overview of what we’re going to be doing for the next few weeks. It’s a road map so you know where we’re headed.
The READ ME file contains the following information:
A. EXAMPLES OF HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
B. WHAT DO I GET IN THIS PACKAGE?
C. INSTRUCTIONS TO SET UP THE POWERPOINT (HOW TO INSTALL FONTS)
D. GOOGLE SLIDES LINKS
E. THINGS TO KNOW (Generic technical / copyright stuff)
The ZIPPED file contains:
- Lesson Plan PDF
- Lesson Slideshow Powerpoint PPT file
The links to the GOOGLE SLIDES file are in the READ ME file.
NOTE: THIS LESSON IS PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE about Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills / Competencies
The Six Cs are a bunch of transferable skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills to help us be successful in the 21st century.
Each Chapter package focuses on a different “C” and contains different lessons, slides, videos, and handouts. Although we use the same structure in each chapter (activity, video, vocabulary building), there is no overlap of content between packages.
Lessons can be purchased individually, or you can SAVE MONEY and purchase the entire unit as a BUNDLE.
- Unit Overview (THIS LESSON)
- Introduction: Fun Activities & Ice Breakers (21st Century Skills)
- Chapter 1. A week of Character
- Chapter 2. A week of Citizenship
- Chapter 3. A week of Collaboration
- Chapter 4. 2 weeks of Communication
- Chapter 5. 2 weeks of Creativity/Innovation
- Chapter 6. 5 weeks of Critical Thinking
- Review / Assessment: 21st Century Skills Challenge Task