Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills - Unit Overview
Also included in
- 90 LESSONS to help students survive and thrive in a world with ChatGPT! NEW: Use the ChatGPT NO PREP Debate Lesson to get students excited about Social-Emotional Learning and 6Cs life skills! ChatGPT is the ultimate LEARNING tool and CHEATING tool. And it's just the beginning! In May 2023, Google iPrice $71.75Original Price $143.50Save $71.75
- This bundle includes every resource in my TPT store. ⭐ GET EVERYTHING so you don't have to worry about missing out! If you agree with this video at 2:09and you agree with my ideas about EFFORT at 15:52then you will love my stuff⭐ 38 teachers have INVESTED in this bundle so far! As I add resources,Price $164.25Original Price $328.50Save $164.25
This is the introduction overview lesson to our “Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills” unit.
The Six Cs are a bunch of skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills that some people think you’re going to need to be successful in the 21st century.
This year, you’re going to be learning a lot of stuff in class. You’re going to be learning about English, Math, Science, Geography, Phys Ed, Art, Music, etc.
- The provincial / state curriculum tells us what you’re going to learn at school.
- The six Cs are about HOW to learn and do things.
The six Cs are things that everyone can do, and should do. And, if you can start to learn and develop these skills at school, you’ll find you can apply them at home, in relationships, now, and in the future.
Today’s lesson is just an overview of what we’re going to be doing for the next few weeks. It’s a road map so you know where we’re headed.
The READ ME file contains the following information:
A. EXAMPLES OF HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
B. WHAT DO I GET IN THIS PACKAGE?
C. INSTRUCTIONS TO SET UP THE POWERPOINT (HOW TO INSTALL FONTS)
D. GOOGLE SLIDES LINKS
E. THINGS TO KNOW (Generic technical / copyright stuff)
The ZIPPED file contains:
- Lesson Plan PDF
- Lesson Slideshow Powerpoint PPT file
The links to the GOOGLE SLIDES file are in the READ ME file.
NOTE: THIS LESSON IS PART OF A LARGER BUNDLE about Exploring the Six Cs / 21st Century Skills / Competencies
The Six Cs are a bunch of transferable skills that you can use at school, at home, at a job… pretty much anywhere. They’re learning skills to help us be successful in the 21st century.
Each Chapter package focuses on a different “C” and contains different lessons, slides, videos, and handouts. Although we use the same structure in each chapter (activity, video, vocabulary building), there is no overlap of content between packages.
Lessons can be purchased individually, or you can SAVE MONEY and purchase the entire unit as a BUNDLE.
- Unit Overview (THIS LESSON)
- Introduction: Fun Activities & Ice Breakers (21st Century Skills)
- Chapter 1. A week of Character
- Chapter 2. A week of Citizenship
- Chapter 3. A week of Collaboration
- Chapter 4. 2 weeks of Communication
- Chapter 5. 2 weeks of Creativity/Innovation
- Chapter 6. 5 weeks of Critical Thinking
- Review / Assessment: 21st Century Skills Challenge Task
PSST, do you know the one magic phrase that teachers should tell their students? It's not what you think. Hint: It helps build a growth mindset...