Exponent Rules Task Cards
These 40 task cards review simplifying expressions using the properties of exponents. Cards are organized as follows:
• Cards 1-2: Adding & Subtracting Monomials (reinforced on several cards)
• Cards 3-8: Product Rule (positive exponents only)
• Cards 9-14: Power Rule (positive exponents only)
• Cards 15-20: Quotient Rule (positive exponents only)
• Cards 21-34: Negative Exponent Rule and Mixed Review
• Cards 35-40: Geometry Applications (Perimeter, Area, Volume)
Zero exponents included as well. Break the cards up and use them as you teach the rules, or use as a cumulative review at the end of a unit. Problems range in difficulty. This activity was designed for an Algebra 1 level course.
Students can check their answers by scanning the QR code on each card. Connection to the internet is not required to scan the code, however, a QR scanner app is required on the device. There are several free apps available to download. Cards without QR codes also included should you wish not to use them.
This resource is included in the following bundle(s):
Exponent Rules Activities Bundle
Algebra 1 Curriculum
Algebra 1 Activities Bundle
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.