The following lesson offers instruction in the application of the Exponential Decay model.
* Students learn about required factors in the exponential decay model.
* Students become familiar with how to use the "decay factor" within the exponential decay model
* Students review representing time in "terms of a year".
* Students calculate depreciation over time.
* Students graph exponential decay on the coordinate plane.
* Students compare the graphs of exponential growth and exponential decay and draw a conclusion based upon their observation.
* The lesson includes a one question FOLLOW UP ASSESSMENT where students check their understanding by calculating the depreciation of an investment, and then they show their calculations graphed on the coordinate plane.
* The lesson includes 11 GUIDED NOTE QUESTIONS; students use the notes to actively participate in the lesson and check their comprehension. The notes are excellent for review and future test preparation.
* Teachers should find the lesson informative for their students and practical, as well as adaptable to their mode of teaching
LOVE TO TEACH!