Products in this Bundle (4)
It includes exploration pages, interactive notes pages, two activities, a partner practice worksheet, a pre-assessment, and a post assessment. See below for more details:
1. Exploration Pages and Interactive Notes for 6 properties - students solve simpler problems, looking for patterns and connections to discover the properties.
2. A puzzle to review the properties - students complete a 4x4 square, matching up equivalent exponent expressions
3. A partner practice pages (with a reflection worksheet) - students solve pairs of different problems that have matching answers. If they do not come up with the same answer, the work together to figure out where a mistake was made. They then discuss and fill out a reflection page together. Great for collaboration and math talk!
4. A stations activity involving rolling dice to create problems - this is a fun way to have students move around the room while practicing the properties. Each of these could also be used as practice after teaching the properties.
5. Pre-Assessment and Post-Assessment
Product of Powers Property
Power of a Power Property
Power of a Product Property
Quotient of Powers Property
Power of a Quotient Property
Rules of Zero and Negative exponents*
Depending on the level of students, this bundle could take from 3 - 8 days to complete. Students could complete one notes page a day, or notes could be combined to shorten the unit. The puzzle could be assigned for homework, or done in class.
*Does not include expressions with negative exponents in the denominator.
For more information on each product, click on the links below.
Properties of Exponents - Exploration Pages, Interactive Notes and Assessments
Properties of Exponents Puzzle
Properties of Exponents - Partner Practice
Properties of Exponents - Roll the Dice! Stations Activity