This is a unit plan consisiting of six lesson plans, a unit review and a test.
The unit consists of the following:
1. Introduction to Exponents Lesson Plan
2. Multiplying and Dividing Exponents Lesson Plan
3. Scientific Notation Lesson Plan
4. Square Roots Introduction Lesson Plan
5. Simplifying Radicals Lesson Plan
6. Adding and Subtracting Radicals Lesson Plan
7. Exponents, Radicals, Scientific Notation Test Review
8. Exponents, Radicals, Scientific Notation Test
Each lesson plan includes an opening activity, minilesson with guided steps through the process, examples, class activities and a worksheet for homework. Answer keys included.
Common Core Standards included on the cover pages.
The two "Introduction" lesson plans are for single period classes and the other lessons are for double-periods, so the entire unit may take between one to two weeks to cover depending on the amount of class time.