A quick and easy warm-up to practice reading comprehension of expository passages using standardized-test question stems.
You get three expository (nonfiction, informational) passages focusing on three different historical figures, chunked into five sections, each with its own comprehension question covering a different standard - one for each day of the week! The full page version is easily projected on the screen for whole-group or warm-up activities, while the task cards transition perfectly to independent practice.
This bundle includes:
* Benjamin Franklin (5 full-page questions and 5 task cards)
* George Washington Carver (5 full-page questions and 5 task cards)
* Christopher Columbus (5 full-page questions and 5 task cards)
I've personally used this resource multiple ways:
* as a warm-up each morning to kick-start a great day of learning,
* posted around the classroom as a partner rotation activity,
* as an end-of-week assessment or progress-monitoring tool, or
* printed and laminated as task cards for an independent practice station.