Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teach expository, informative, explanatory writing in this comprehensive two week Expository Writing Unit using the Reader's Writer's Workshop method. Students are guided through each step in the writing process and gain confidence as writers while developing their personal craft.
Wait!!! This is included in both my Year Long 9th Grade English Bundle and my Writing Unit Bundle:
⭐ 9th Grade English Curriculum Bundle
This incredible essay unit contains:
• Two weeks of detailed expository essay lesson plans following the Reader’s Writer’s Workshop Format with complete mini-lessons.
• Student writing packet that guides students through each step in the expository writing process: collecting/brainstorming, developing a topic, drafting each part of the essay, revision, editing and presenting the essay to the class.
• A sample student writing packet that has been completed with sample writing for each step in the writing process.
• A two week unit calendar with tips and notes.
• A common core expository essay rubric.
• A PowerPoint presentation with unit notes and If / Then charts.
• A PowerPoint presentation with the Round Table Editing Protocol used on Day 9
The format emphasizes student independence and student ownership of writing.
Each lesson uses the Reader’s Writer’s Workshop format with Mini-lessons followed by Independent Writing Time and Closing / Sharing. Each Independent Writing Time contains instructions for students as well as a conferring focus and informal assessment focus for the teacher.
Each lesson contains an IF / THEN chart for students to use to direct independent writing time. The unit is designed so students can become self-directed!
Background on this unit: I contracted with Washington State OSPI to score the 10th Grade State Expository Writing Assessment. The following year I was on the prompt writing committee, and the next year I was on the team that developed training materials used to score the 10th Grade State Expository Writing Assessment. I developed this unit to use in my own classroom based upon my experience assessing literally thousands of expository essays!
Please contact me with questions and visit my store for additional teaching materials: Love and Let Lit
Check out some of my other resources by clicking the links below:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Thank you!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star next to my profile picture and click it to become a follower. You’ll receive updates when I post products, freebies and discounts.
Created By: Jacque Decker of Love and Let Lit