LISTENING TO LITERATURE NOTE TAKING
In this lesson, students listen to a teacher specified story and take notes as directed on the rubric. This lesson helps students learn the elements of fiction and to comprehend what they are reading, by guiding them as to what information they need to be aware of when they are listening to a piece of literature or a story. The lesson is student graded before being turned in for teacher evaluation.
The lesson includes:
1. The lesson plan
2. The listening to literature note taking rubric which has grade points for each aspect so they can be easily evaluated by the student and or the teacher.
The note taking rubric includes:
2. Characters, including protagonist, antagonist, and the character traits
3. Describe the rising action, climax, falling action
4. Describe what student thinks will happen next
5. Describe the resolution of the story and the theme or message of the story
6. List at least four words that student did not know and look up a definition for each word
7. Points available for each skill and a grading scale for easy evaluation