This expository writing packet includes a full week of expository writing lessons for 3rd - 6th grade. This download is designed to demonstrate the difference in purpose and style between two diverse writing genres: expository and narrative. This packet covers the basic structure of an essay in a fun way.
This packet includes vocabulary words, daily prompt checks, a full week of daily writing workshops, daily sentence development activities, and homework. Step-by-step instructions are included as well as SMARTBoard display pages and student worksheets.
This packet comes directly from my Expository Writing for 4th - 6th Grade program
Click Here For Additional Expository Downloads
Along with the above activity packets, I have also developed a variety of writing and language arts activity books that make teaching these lessons fun and effective. Please click on the links below to preview these activity books.
• Just Write: A Sentence
• Letters from Ted E. Bear - Friendly Letter Writing Activities
• Just Write: A Paragraph
• Just Conventions - Daily Grammar and Conventions Practice
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 3rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 4rd Grade
• Daily Grammar Lesson Integrated with Science - 5rd Grade
• Teaching Research Skills
The writing activity books above all supplement my complete writing programs that schools throughout the country are using in order to develop outstanding writers school-wide. Please click on any of the links below to preview these programs.
• Kindergarten Writing Program
• 1st Grade Writing Program
• 2nd Grade Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Expository Writing Program
• 3rd Grade Narrative Writing Program
• Expository Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
• Narrative Writing for 4th - 6th Grade
✓ Visit my website: WriteMath
✓ Follow us: Facebook
✓ Follow us: Pinterest
Expository Writing - Writing Lesson #1
by Kathryn Robinson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Based on a work at http://writemath.com/