This product provides a lesson on the skill of narration, or story-telling. The instructional format of the lesson is as follows:
• Instruction on the writing topic of the skill of narration
• Writing model
• Critique of the writing model
• Quiz on the writing topic of the skill of narration (measurement)
• Quiz answer key
• Writing assignment
• Critique of writing assignment (measurement)
This product on narration consists of: 1) PowerPoint file with detailed teacher notes; 2) PDF file of the lesson writing model.
More about Do It Write: Do It Write provides a comprehensive expository writing program that was developed by a teacher, for teachers. The foundational series is called “Basic Skills of Expository Writing” and consists of twelve separate lessons as indicated below. Each lesson uses a format that is easy for students to follow and has been proven to teach expository writing skills in the most effective manner possible. The lessons can be done in any order and each lesson follows the same instructional format.
Free - Overview of Expository Writing
1.Narration 7. Personal Feelings
2. Observation 8. Awareness of Personal Feelings
3. Description 9. Recollection
4. Recognition 10. Analysis
5. Insights 11. Application
6. Interpretation 12. Self-Expression
Keywords: English, college prep, SAT essay prep, narrative.