Expository Writing Prompts for Kids - 30 Expository Writing Prompts with Pictures (Grades 3-7).
Some things in life simply defy explanation: gravity, seahorses, and students not raising hands for hot lunch. Wait no longer, as better expository writers are on the way with Common Core expository writing prompts for kids.
• 30 Prompts on 9 Worksheets.
This download is an excerpt from Writing Bundle: 223 Year-Long Prompts.
Preview Same as Download.
• Explain Rube Goldberg's light bulb.
• How to remove a classroom fly.
• President Kennedy's quote.
• How to get kindergartners to get along.
• Rules a bus driver should know.
• Halloween history.
• Why do we have traditions?
• Christmas customs.
• Wish list vs. gratefulness.
• Easter Island scientific study.
• Living on an island.
• Valentine's Day history & transformation.
• Grocery store Valentines.
• Chocolate sales.
• VA hospitals.
• Daughters of the American Revolution.
• The American Legion.
• Disabled American Veterans.
• April Fools protocol.
• The perfect joke.
• Daylight Savings Time.
• Mother's Day.
• Martin Luther King: excellent speaker.
• Ruby Bridges' courage.
• Rosa Parks' non-violent protest.
• Barbecuing for 12 neighbors.
• Making frozen treats.
• Lemonade stand competition.
• Engineering the world's largest pizza.
• Starting your next world record.
For the third time, who's having hot lunch?
Return to The Harstad Collection.