Also included in
- Enhance your kindergarten writing curriculum with these kindergarten writing journals and personal word wall! Included in this bundle are FIVE different writing resources for writing across the year, creative writing, expository writing, opinion writing, and social-emotional writing.Simply print anPrice $23.00Original Price $31.00Save $8.00
Engage your students during writing workshop or distance learning with these fun expository writing Animal Journals! Students will love researching and writing about wild animals while working on their writing skills.
The Expository Writing Journals are animal journals with 42 wild animals. Each animal has a page for research and brainstorming facts with a QR code that takes them to the National Geographic Kids© webpage for that animal and a page for writing.
These journals are ready-to-use for research using the QR codes and an internet-connected device. They can also be used with any animal nonfiction books or websites.
The Animal Journals include:
- cover pages in both color and black-and-white
- How-to use at home page for families
- How-to use QR codes for easy QR code instructions
- 42 animal research and writing pages (2 pages per animal)
- 3 pages of definitions
- writing rubric page
The animals included in this journal are: arctic foxes, African elephants, beavers, brown bears, chimpanzees, chipmunks, giant pandas, giraffes, groundhogs, hedgehogs, hippopotamuses, kangaroos, koalas, lions, narwhals, pigs, platypuses, polar bears, raccoons, black rhinoceroses, sea otters, skunks, sloths, snow leopards, tigers, walruses, zebras, bullfrogs, alligators, boa constrictors, tortoises, sea turtles, bald eagles, emperor penguins, flamingos, peacocks, ostriches, snowy owls, great white sharks, seahorses, jellyfish, and octopuses.
Print to use in the classroom, for engaging and meaningful morning work, for an early finisher bin, or send home for distance learning.
For more kindergarten writing resources:
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Below each purchase, you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credits that you can use towards future purchases! ☺