This 20-slide presentation was created with the purpose to define expository writing for students, review some key strategies for success, and warn about common errors to avoid.
This presentation includes the following slides:
1) Title Slide
2) What is Expository Writing?
3) Definition of Expository Writing
4) Goals of the Writer: Define Key Terms
5) Questions to Consider When Defining Key Terms
6) Goals of the Writer: Explain and Describe position or arguement
7)Providing Evidence and Support
8) Questions to Consider about Quotes and Details
9) Brainstorming Key Points
10)More Key Points to Consider
11) Qualities of Formal Writing
12)Common Errors: Personal Pronouns
13) Common Errors: Vague Pronouns
14) Suggestions for Pronoun Use
15) Pronoun Review
16) Writer To Do List
17) Common Stumbling Blocks
18)Why Should I Care?
19) Real World Connection