Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students respond to informational prompts by planning and composing an essay.
This resource with 30 expository/informational prompts and a choice of writing templates is a great way to help students learn to write expository or informational essays. A step-by-step guide is included to show how to effectively use the 4 square organizer to plan out a multi-paragraph essay.
Writing is an important skill, but it is also the most difficult language arts skill for many students to acquire. Using the four square graphic organizer will help students understand the components of a well written expository composition.
Save money and buy this product in a bundle: Upper Elementary Writing Bundle - Expository, Narrative, and Persuasive - All Aligned to STAAR and CCSS
The benefits of the four square graphic organizer:
- helps organize thoughts with a beginning, middle, and end
- helps sequence ideas in a logical way
- emphasizes the use of details to support main points
- predictable method that does not change
This resource includes:
- 30 No-Prep Print and Go Templates with Persuasive/Opinion Prompts
- 30 Persuasive/Opinion Writing Prompts on TASK CARDS in color and B/W
- Blank Templates
- Step by Step guide for using four square organizer for persuasive writing
These 30 WRITING PROMPTS are ready to be used for any of the following:
- Daily Journal Topics
- Small Group Instruction
- Writing Centers
- Test Prep practice
Looking for more writing resources like this one? Check out these products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, FOLLOW ME and be notified when new products are uploaded.
As always, please contact me with any questions!