Also included in
- Have you ever wondered where to begin teaching a pragmatic language skill? Or once you started, did you wonder how to teach that skill strategically? With this social communication bundle you won't feel like that any more! This bundle of social skills activities strategically guides you through the$32.62$45.10Save $12.48
- Have you ever struggled to create pragmatic language activities for a speech therapy, social skills, or Autism group? Many of us have developed our social communication abilities without much thought, which can make breaking down these complicated skills into easy to understand steps, challenging. W$101.34$112.60Save $11.26
Have you ever had students whose social language skills weren’t quite right, but you couldn’t exactly put your finger on what was wrong? Did you notice that when you asked them questions, they could give you the right answer, but when it came time to use these skills in the real world, they couldn't? In this situation, the problem is with the students ability to express pragmatic language. With this teaching guide, you can methodically teach your students how to use affective communication to connect with others using the included scaffolded and interactive lessons.
***DIGITAL LEARNING UPDATE*** I have used TpT's digital resource creator to add a digital version of this resource to this file! If you purchase this product, you will have access to BOTH the digital and printable versions of this resource. I have added additional instructions and text boxes to the digital version for your convenience!
This resource teaches students how to using the following social skills:
The following activities are used to teach each skill:
- Reading Passage/Introduction Activity: A reading passage introduces the skill that the student is about to learn. It discusses vocabulary and appropriate nonverbal communication to use during each skill.
- Comprehension Activity: Students brainstorm scenarios when they could express the targeted social skill. Answer suggestions are included.
- Script and Practice: Students are given a script to use for each targeted social skill. After it is taught, they practice applying the script in structured scenarios.
- Practice: Students are given less structured scenarios and must determine how to use the script to express the social skill being targeted.
- Real Life Practice: A graph to help students keep track of when they practice this skill outside of the speech room/classroom.
- Reflection Activity: A guided reflection activity to help students assess how they expressed the targeted skill in real world situations.
- Homework Suggestions: Homework suggestions to send to caregivers to help them practice and review the targeted skill at home.
Click on the preview to see each activity in detail!
You might also be interested in these social skills resources from my store:
Click to Connect
Thank you so much,
Jessica, The Gift of Gab