Idioms are a fun and unique way to express a thought, feeling, or idea. This packet will teach students 30 different idioms that relate to feelings and emotions. The purpose of this activity is to further enhance their feelings vocabulary (improves both empathy and language expression) while introducing them to idiom expressions.
I hope that your students will enjoy the activities in this packet and will have fun using idiom expressions to talk about their own feelings.
Included in the packet:
• 30 Emotion Idioms Posters (includes a visual of each idiom, definition, and use of the idiom in a sentence): posters can be printed as a booklet or four to a page by adjusting printer settings
• Idioms Memory game (can also be used to play Go Fish!): Students match the picture to the idiom (includes 30 idiom pictures with a matching idiom card)
• 30 idiom cards asking students to “Tell about a time when you felt this way…”
• I have, Who has card game (includes all 30 idioms)
• Sorting feelings posters (students can practice sorting the idiom expression into four basic feelings categories…happy, sad, angry, and scared)
There are probably many other uses for the cards. Feel free to use your creativity!