Expressions can be exciting! This introduction to expressions focuses on identifying, translating, modeling, simplifying, and evaluating numerical expressions and algebraic expressions. It includes notes, activities, exit tickets, homework, quick writes, two quizzes, a study guide, and a unit test. These materials will engage kids as they learn about identifying, translating, and modeling numerical expressions and algebraic expressions. Answer keys are included with the introduction to expressions.
(1) Guided notes: information that gets straight to the point in easy-to-understand language and visuals. Concise notes are helpful to students, teachers, parents, interventionists, and tutors.
(2) Activities: Four activities that help reinforce lesson on numerical expressions and algebraic expressions.
(3) Exit tickets: small, but effective tool to assess student learning.
(4) Homework: reinforce the lesson at home.
(5) Quick writes: error analysis on identifying expressions and explanation quick write.
(6) Quizzes: Ten multiple choice questions to assess understanding of numerical and algebraic expressions. Ten multiple choice questions to assess understanding of modeling and simplifying expressions.
(7) Study Guide: Review of materials covered in the unit.
(8) Unit Test: There are 22 questions in this short answer test.
These materials have been included in the 6th Grade Curriculum and Activities under the Expressions Unit.
Each purchase of this product is for one individual teacher (licensee). The individual licensee can make copies for one classroom only. Please do not share this product with co-workers, grade levels, or within schools or districts without purchasing the appropriate number of licenses. Additional licenses are available on TeachersPayTeachers.com. Licensee may not upload this product to the Internet in any form.For additional information about licenses, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2015 NJM All Rights Reserved