• Puzzle activity covering all Expression & Equation standards with answer key.
• Student response sheet for activity and accountability.
• Test with answer key.
Tips & Tricks
• This activity can be used as an individual, partner, small group, or whole class review.
• Individual and small group activity idea:
o Create nine stations (or five if you want to rotate less; two questions per station except one station).
o Make enough copies so that each student will get all nine pieces.
o Students rotate between puzzle pieces either working individually or in small groups. They can either glue on the puzzle piece to the tracking sheet, or show their work in the space on the tracking sheet.
• Whole class activity idea:
o Use the large puzzle pieces and project them one at a time to the class. Students will use the blank puzzle pieces sheet to show their work. Go over the questions together to review the concepts.
o Have students track each question and standard on their response sheet. This is crucial in helping students know their weaknesses and will save you time identifying how to help them before the final test.
• I would recommend giving a question and reviewing it immediately after. To help with the honesty in correcting, my students have a pencil and a red pen on their desks. When it is time to correct, they have to sit on their pencils or put it behind them.
• Review and record their scores immediately after this activity so they can take the review sheet home to use as a study sheet. Encourage students to write down the initial problem and to make notes for each problem corrected.