***ABOUT THIS RESOURCE***
- Great for English, Social Studies, Speech and Debate, and ESL classes
- Key expressions for 14 oration skills
- 8 expressions per skill
- 104 expressions in total
- Fun polka dot theme
- Card backs included
- Expression types divided by card color
- Teacher master lists included
***How to use this resource***
- Encourage students to develop a sophisticated bank of discourse markers by playing ‘Expressions Poker.’ Give students one card of each color and tell them to use the expressions during a speech, discussion, or debate. Students must lay down their card in a pile once used. The first student to get rid of his or her cards is the winner.
- Alternatively, give students multiple cards of one color, to develop proficiency in one area of speaking.
- Cards may also be used to incorporate key expressions when writing/ drafting debates and speeches.
- Cards are also a great resource when mounted on a bulletin board or literacy station.
***Common Core Alignment***
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1
- Wonderful spotty background courtesy of:
© Graphics Created by Teacher Joe The Clip Art Graphics Guy
- Lovely frame courtesy of: