This is a simple yet effective activity that will get your students moving around and speaking French. It is great for French 1 and French 2 students.
It is inspired by the Kagan's Quiz Quiz Trade cooperative learning activity (also known as task cards). This activity will allow students to practice colors in French.
Each card contains a question that contains an expression with "être" . The correct answer is written on the back of the card.
The following expressions with "être" will be practiced in this activity:
- être en avance/à l'heure/en retard
- être d'accord (avec)
- être en train de (+ infinitive)
- être à (+ person) - to express possession
- être in the imperative (sois, soyez, soyons)
Front of the card: "Qu'est-ce qu'il est en train de faire?" + a picture of a girl swimming
Back of the card: "Elle est en train de nager"
Front of the card: "Le français est la plus belle langue au monde. Tu es d'accord avec moi?"
Back of the card: "Je suis d'accord avec toi. Je ne suis pas d'accord avec toi."
Front of the card: "A qui est le chapeau?" + picture of a hat + "mon frère."
Back of the card: "Il est à mon frère. Le chapeau est à mon frère."
There are 32 different cards.
1. Print as many cards as there are students in your class so that each student gets at least one card.
2. Cut the cards and laminate them for durability.
3. Distribute one card per student.
4. Students have to get up, pair up with another student, complete the task of the card (answer the question), exchange cards with their partner, pair up with another student and repeat the activity again as many times as you see it fit.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Leaving feedback will earn your TpT store credit that you will be able to use for future purchases. Merci beaucoup!
Credit for the task card template goes to Alina V Design from Teachers TpT store.