I Have... Who Has...? is an excellent way to practise extended addition facts e.g. 5+5, 50+50, 500+500 in an enjoyable way.
What You Need:
1 set of 'I Have... Who Has...?' Extended Addition Cards
- Print and laminate the cards so they will withstand the rigors of classroom use.
One Way to Play:
1. Distribute all the cards randomly to the students. NB Some students may receive multiple cards.
2. Students stand in a circle with their cards.
3. The teacher begins by reading the Start Card aloud, 'I have 1200. Who has 900+900?'
4. The student with the '1800' card says aloud, 'I have 1800. Who has 0+0? & sits.
5. Play continues in this question and response fashion until all students are sitting. At this point the game is complete.
- Students must listen attentively so they don’t break the flow of the game.
- Use the stopwatch to time the length of the game. Over the course of a week challenge the students to get faster at completing the challenge.
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)