Our teaching world has changed dramatically over the past few months and this license is being made available to meet the growing needs and requests of teacher-authors as we all adapt to digital learning.
This extended use license allows the purchaser to use Dancing Crayon clip art as movable images in educational digital resources the need to layer them with background, shapes, or text. One license covers all your purchased Dancing Crayon clip art.
Please note: You do NOT need this license if you are using the images in a secured format. That is, if you are merging the clip art with background, shape, or text, you do not need to purchase any additional license. You also do NOT need this license for resources created for BOOM Learning (as it is a secure platform).
This license is for those situations where layering or securing the clip art is NOT possible in the context of your educational activity and is provided in an effort to make digital resource creation easier.
Please note the following terms related to this movable images license:
- License is for one single user.
- Clip art is NOT included in the license. The license applies to all or any of your purchased Dancing Crayon clip art.
- You may create educational digital resources where the images are moveable. This includes programs such as PowerPoint, Google Slides, Smartboard, etc.
- This license allows the use of clip art with or without layering it with background, shapes, or text.
- This license does NOT provide permission to use the images in the creation of apps. Please enquire about special use license for this purpose.
- Your digital resource must have a specific educational context. The images may NOT be used to create blank or generic editable files for your customer’s own purposes; this includes PowerPoint templates, game templates, etc.
- Following purchase, please register your license via the simple form at the registration link provided in the download.
- Always use ‘lower resolution’ versions of our clip art when creating movable images. (Explained below.)
- If you have previously been provided permission for a specific use of clip art in movable image format, this permission still stands.
LOWER RESOLUTION IMAGES:
Please use ‘lower resolution’ images for the purpose of moveable images. This helps to protect our images and will also greatly improve the functionality of your digital file, ensuring pages and actions load faster for your users. (Our images have previously only been offered in large print quality sizes which are too heavy for screen use.)
Lower res images will be added to new clip art packs and we’ll work on updating older files to include these. In the meantime, please reduce the file size of images before using in digital settings. This can be done by ‘compressing’ them or ‘saving for web’ in Photoshop or similar program. Images can also be easily compressed using the following online platform:
If you’re having difficulty with reducing images sizes, please let me know and I’ll prioritize the update of that particular clip art set.
© Dancing Crayon Designs