Counting collections are an incredible tool for teaching your students counting, number sense, addition, subtraction, sorting, and more. This resource includes everything you need to know to successfully start and extend counting collections in your classroom.
Click here to read about why I use counting collections in my kindergarten classroom and how they've completely transformed by math instruction.
Please download the preview to see a more detailed view of exactly what is inside this resource! Included are the following items:
- 5 pages of information for teachers including how to gather, organize, launch, and extend
- 5 days of lesson plans for your first week of counting collections
- 3 differentiated counting collection recording sheets
- 7 extension activities that focus on addition, subtraction, sorting, grouping, counting on, and skip counting
- Detailed rubric for scoring a counting collection
- If/Then menu for correcting missteps and an explanation for when to use/not use the extension activities included
- Quick Guide with easy-to-use tips for how to support students in the moment as you observe them counting
- EDITABLE detailed lesson plan template that you can use each week to plan your mini lessons (Note: Download the included font for formatting to match)
Want to make your math time even more engaging while pushing your students? Try these completely editable Addition and Subtraction Word Problems, then add these Fair Share Word Problems for even more challenge!
This particular resource is designed for kindergarten, but you can make your collections larger and more complex to easily adapt this to older grades.
If you have any further questions or would like more explanation about using this product, please ask in the Q&A section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your purchase! Remember to leave feedback in order to receive credits for future products! Don't forget to follow my store for updates and so you do not miss any new products!
Holly @ Research and Play