This activity guides students to develop rules for the properties of exterior angles of a triangle. Through inquiry-based learning, students are able to discover the theorem on their own and therefore understand the concept better and can remember why it works. The activity uses critical thinking. Students write their observations in complete sentences. The activity introduces students to the concepts of an "exterior angle" as well as "remote interior angles."
Here's what's included:
- A half-page differentiated warm-up to review prior knowledge
- A 2-page guided inquiry worksheet for discovering Exterior Angles Theorem
- A quick hands-on activity with exterior angles of a triangle
- A small exit ticket plus an organizer to record the rule with a diagram plus the student’s own words and examples
- Algebra application problems
- Answer keys
*** This activity is also included in a larger DISCOUNTED bundle:
Take a look at the preview file for more information.
You may like these other Math Giraffe items as well:
Algebra In Geometry Task Cards: Finding Missing Angle Measures
Discovering Triangle Inequality Theorem
Lesson Pack: Transversals