Included are (7) seven half-sheets that can be used to check for student understanding of dissection material either as a pre-lab, exit-ticket, bell-ringer or short homework assignment.
1. Pre-lab Fetal Pig Dissection
2. Introduction & Safety Precautions
3. External Anatomy (see preview)
4. Major External Features of the Fetal Pig (see preview)
5. Ventral View of the Male Fetal Pig
6. Ventral View of the Female Fetal Pig
7. Multiple Choice Review
*All teacher answer keys are provided.
Each slide conveniently has 2 identical half-sheets in order to conserve paper and fit nicely within composition notebooks or hole punched & kept together with binder rings.
A typical Fetal Pig dissection in a HS setting takes roughly takes one-two instructional weeks so students can easily complete one half sheet per day. These half sheets are outstanding to reinforce challenging material, practice vocabulary and are a great review tool.
I have included a variety of higher order questioning techniques including: defining, labeling, matching, describing, listing, identification and color-coding images.