PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.38 MB | 20 pages
The show Extra! is a thirteen episode series for French language learners. it takes place in a Paris apartment/dormitory and has four main characters - Sam, Nico, Sacha, and Annie. Sam is an American who is trying to learn French as well as to make some new friends. He has a secret that will affect the way he relates to other people.
Each episode can stand alone, although it is more interesting to start from the beginning and watch them in order.
I usually show these to my second year students during the second semester. They have enough vocabulary to understand most of the dialog by this time.
The worksheets provide comprehension checks but also scaffolding resources. In this packet you will find:
• vocabulary list with English translations
• vocabulary list with no translations - have students fill in while watching
• comprehension questions in French
• comprehension questions in English
• flashcards for the vocabulary list
• useful words section with translations and explanations
• word search
• crossword puzzle
• cryptogram - one with and one without a help guide. This particular activity is based upon Sam’s mistakes in speaking French. Have students decode the sentences and then correct his errors.
There are many places to view the episodes, youtube has them in both sub-titled and non sub-titled versions. For lower level students, I would suggest the version with French subtitles.
Episode 1: L’arrivée de Sam
with subtitles: http://youtu.be/nV6SDDlc60g
without subtitles: http://youtu.be/nftpRbl7r7w