A simple activity that has students reason out the process of evolution -- specifically decent with modification -- that can then build into real life species timeline activities.
- Provide for students cut out Eye Guy Cards.
- Students work in pairs to organize the cards in they order that they believe the Eye Guy's developed.
- Students provide a justification for the order that they've chosen.
- Students share their proposed order with another pair, and modify if they desire following discussion.
- Students attach their Eye Guy Cards to a blank half-sheet of poster paper, along with their justification.