In this free video, I show you an easy way to teach students about the calmest part of the storm. Students will develop an in-depth understanding of both the calmest and strongest part of the hurricane.
I developed this resource while Hurricane Irma was making its way through Florida. I wanted to empower students with knowledge about these potentially devastating storms. Even though I teach kindergarten, I knew that my students are most likely hearing the hurricane discussed at home. I felt it was important to educate them about these catastrophic storms, how people come together to help, and get them thinking of how they could potentially make a difference.
I developed a super fun unit with 4 hands-on learning experiences, a STEM activity, a beautifully photographed nonfiction class book, reflection printables, and more. I spent a long time testing each activity to make sure that they would work well for you in your classroom. You will find colored photographs, detailed instructions, and any hiccups I had along the way to save you from having the same struggle. :) Every activity has an easy-peasy setup and uses items you most likely have in your classroom or kitchen.
You can find the entire unit by clicking here:
Hurricanes - Stem Activity, Nonfiction Class Book, Easy Experiments & More!
Although this resource was created for preschool through 2nd grade, all of the activities included would work well with older students too.
This unit also pairs perfectly with my Red Cross resource found in my TPT store! Click below!
All About the Red Cross - Class Books, Writing Prompts & More!
Purchase the bundle to get both products at a better price!
Save $$$ with the Bundle - All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails