Pouring a pond into a classroom is a very exciting way to precede a field trip to a marsh. The children are up close and personal with all the critters that dwell in a pond or ditch. Pond life is great for reinforcing life cycles as most animals in a pond do not look the same as their adults. Information on pouring a pond will be coming soon!
Having frogs growing in the classroom activates a mini unit focusing around the study of frogs.
Good Books to read to activate this activity:
- See Me Grow - Penelope Arlon & Tory Gordon Harris
- Around the Pond - A Lift the Flap Book - Niecy Twinem
- In the Pond - Grmanno Cristine
- Here is the Wetland - Madeleine Dumphy
- Pond Life - David Stewart & Mark Bergan
- Cathy Cattail - Rhonda O'Grady
- Frogs Sing Songs - Yvonne Winer