No prep! This is a quick go-to center. Mix and match these 20 updated pages for your purposes in reading, writing, and math. This product has a fact/opinion sort with cards that includes answer keys. It also has a page to identify facts and opinions in context. I included a math connection page and two fact/opinion journal pages that could be used independently or at a center. There is also an interactive notebook sort, an identify facts by yes or no page, and a change the facts to opinions page.
Here's what is included:
1. 16 fact and opinion cards to sort
2. Fact and opinion key; word wall cards
3. 2 Fact and opinion sorting mats
4. 2 Write your opinion journal pages
5. Fact/Opinion definition mini-posters
6. Math Connection
7. Fact/Opinion identification text page
8. Change a fact to an opinion
9. Write Yes/No is it a fact?
10. Interactive notebook fact/opinion sort
Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement or section
Introduce the topic or text they are writing about, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure that lists reasons.
Provide reasons that support the opinion.
Fact vs.Opinion Literacy Activities
Opinion Writing Literacy Center: Grab and Go