Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Fahrenheit 451 Unit Teaching Package has 243+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
LEVEL: 8th - 12th
TOTAL: 243 slides/pages in lesson plan
Based off the 50th Anniversary Edition
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ I am OBSESSED with this seller. Created for Learning! has gone above and beyond my expectations. They provide thought out timelines, figurative language worksheets, quickwrites that probe critical thinking, and more. I pointed out a mistake, and they are happily gifting me a recourse for my patience. What more could you ask from seller? Thank you Created for Learning! for making my job not only easier but more exciting as well. As a new teacher, y'all have provided me with resources that I do not have time to make myself right now.
♥ Great job on the F451 unit. I love this work and it saved me so many hours of work! I appreciate your hard work in creating it!!!!
♥ Awesome resource! Thank you! I haven't taught English I in 4 years, and this just saved me a ton of time in research!
♥ Used this entire package for our unit - totally worth it! Loved the final projects! The Quick Writes were a great resource too!
♥ This unit was SO helpful as a first year teacher. I had to read this book twice, and this bundle was so helpful in teaching it. My kids liked the quick writing prompts. I relied heavily on the vocabulary words, and my students loved the videos of the hound. (: Thank you so much for the time and effort into making this.
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page/slide activity
- Introduces students to the concept of utopias and dystopias; provides examples from real life, novels, and film
- 23-slide PowerPoint
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer & answer key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 1-page organizer & answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 3-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 41-question PowerPoint
- a 5-question pop quiz per approx. 20 pages
- 16-slide PowerPoint
- 16-pages of Printables
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 180 vocabulary words from the novel
- six 30-question lists & quizzes
- 24-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- page numbers might have to be figured out for different versions
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 141 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 20-page bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
··· Final Projects
- 10 creative final projects for students to choose from
- 3-page bundle
*** 243 pages / slides total in lesson plan ***
Enjoy Fahrenheit 451! ... or get burned!
SEE THESE FAHRENHEIT 451 RESOURCES:
OTHER NOVEL UNITS: