Our Fahrenheit 451 Unit Teaching Package has 262+ digital slides of engaging activities
for 1:1 classroom. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity
in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
: FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
: 8th - 12th
: 262 slides/pages in lesson plan
Based off the 50th Anniversary Edition
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
»»» Print Version
»»» Combo Version
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit
♥ I am OBSESSED with this seller. Created for Learning! has gone above and beyond my expectations. They provide thought out timelines, figurative language worksheets, quickwrites that probe critical thinking, and more. I pointed out a mistake, and they are happily gifting me a recourse for my patience. What more could you ask from seller? Thank you Created for Learning! for making my job not only easier but more exciting as well. As a new teacher, y'all have provided me with resources that I do not have time to make myself right now.
♥ Great job on the F451 unit. I love this work and it saved me so many hours of work! I appreciate your hard work in creating it!!!!
♥ Awesome resource! Thank you! I haven't taught English I in 4 years, and this just saved me a ton of time in research!
♥ Used this entire package for our unit - totally worth it! Loved the final projects! The Quick Writes were a great resource too!
♥ This unit was SO helpful as a first year teacher. I had to read this book twice, and this bundle was so helpful in teaching it. My kids liked the quick writing prompts. I relied heavily on the vocabulary words, and my students loved the videos of the hound. (: Thank you so much for the time and effort into making this.
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
What is Created for Digital?
··· Our Created for Digital resources take all the trusted, quality instructional tools you know and love and convert them into the digital format you need for your online learners.
Why go Digital?
··· Paperless. No printing.
··· Instant saving ... students work in the file.
··· Technology Proficiency
··· Works on Chromebooks, Android Tablets, and other devices
··· Engaged students
··· Easy group work
··· Paper trail of revisions for teacher to see
··· Teacher Tutorial - access link and how to use this with your learners
··· Microsoft OneDrive user instructions - a step-by-step visual tutorial. This will only take minutes!
··· All slides can be used over and over again.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
··· Pre-reading Bias Intro Activity
- answer thematic questions to get learners thinking about the novel
- 14-slide activity
··· Introduction to Utopias
- Introduces students to the concept of utopias and dystopias; provides examples from real life, novels, and film
- 22-slide introduction
··· Plot Chart Organizer Diagram Arc
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 2-slide organizer & answer key
··· Conflict Graphic Organizer - 6 Types of Conflict
- Learners analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-slide organizer & answer key
··· Characters Organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 3-slide organizer
··· Journal - Quickwrite Writing Prompts
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 42 slides of questions
··· 7 Comprehension Pop Quizzes
- a 5-question pop quiz per approx. 20 pages
- 31-slides of quizzes
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods to make things easier for you to grade all in one place (no auto-grade, though, because of the short-answer format).
··· Vocabulary List and Quiz Assessment
- 180 vocabulary words from the novel
- six 30-question lists & quizzes
- 36-slide Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- page numbers might have to be figured out for different versions
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that auto-grades for you and compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods.
··· Figurative Language Instructional Slideshow
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide resource will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
··· Figurative Language Worksheet
- analyze and complete 141 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 20-slide bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for learners to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 14-slide bundle
··· Movie vs. Novel Comparison
- 2-slide activity
- Learners compare & contrast the movie and novel
··· Final Projects
- 10 creative final projects for learners to choose from
- 4-slide bundle
··· Supplementary Video Links
- 9 video and text links
*** 262 pages / slides total in lesson plan unit ***
Enjoy Fahrenheit 451! ... or get burned!
»»» OTHER FAHRENHEIT 451
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit »»»
> For-Print Complete Unit »»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit »»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units
for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
> Poetry Unit Complete PowerPoint and Packet - Genres, Forms, Techniques, Devices
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!