Our Combination Fahrenheit 451 Unit Teaching Package has 500+ pages and slides (243+ print and 262+ digital Google Drive) that will get your learners enjoying the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
To make your digital experience smooth, we include instructions (w/ screenshots!) of how to download and organize your resources in Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. We've added Google Forms versions of each activity that auto-corrects their responses using a suggested answer key (which you can adjust afterward or modify your answer key) and compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods to make things easier for you to grade all in one place (some types of question aren't able to auto-grade, though, because of the short-answer format).
TEXT: FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
LEVEL: 8th - 12th
TOTAL: 500+ slides/pages in lesson plan
→ Based off the 50th Anniversary Edition
→ Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ I am OBSESSED with this seller. Created for Learning! has gone above and beyond my expectations. They provide thought out timelines, figurative language worksheets, Quickwrites that probe critical thinking, and more. I pointed out a mistake, and they are happily gifting me a recourse for my patience. What more could you ask from seller? Thank you Created for Learning! for making my job not only easier but more exciting as well. As a new teacher, y'all have provided me with resources that I do not have time to make myself right now.
♥ Great job on the F451 unit. I love this work and it saved me so many hours of work! I appreciate your hard work in creating it!!!!
♥ Awesome resource! Thank you! I haven't taught English I in 4 years, and this just saved me a ton of time in research!
♥ Used this entire package for our unit - totally worth it! Loved the final projects! The Quick Writes were a great resource too!
♥ This unit was SO helpful as a first year teacher. I had to read this book twice, and this bundle was so helpful in teaching it. My kids liked the quick writing prompts. I relied heavily on the vocabulary words, and my students loved the videos of the hound. (: Thank you so much for the time and effort into making this.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get learners thinking about the novel
- 11-page/slide + 14-Google slide activity
- Introduces students to the concept of utopias and dystopias; provides examples from real life, novels, and film
- 23-slide slideshow + 22-slide introduction
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 2-slide + 2-slide analyzer & answer key
- Learners analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-slide + 2-slide analyzer & answer key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 3-slide + 3-slide analyzer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 41-question slideshow + 42 slides of questions
- a 5-question pop quiz per approx. 20 pages
- 16-slide slideshow + 16-pages of Printables + 31-slides of quizzes
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 180 vocabulary words from the novel
- six 30-question lists & quizzes
- 24-page + 36-slide Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- page numbers might have to be figured out for different versions
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that auto-grades for you and compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods.
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide and 70+ Google slide resource will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 141 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 20-page + 20-slide bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
- 3 response to literature essay options for learners to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page + 14-slide bundle
- 2-page + 2-slide activity
- Learners compare & contrast the movie and novel
- 10 creative final projects for learners to choose from
- 3-page + 4-slide bundle
★ Supplementary Video Links
- 9 video and text links
Enjoy! ... or get burned!
WHAT IS CREATED FOR DIGITAL?
★ Our Created for Digital resources take all the trusted, quality instructional tools you know and love and convert them into the digital format you need for your online learners.
Why go Digital?
··· Paperless. No printing.
··· Instant saving ... students work in the file.
··· Technology Proficiency
··· Works on Chromebooks, Android Tablets, and other devices
··· Engaged students
··· Easy group work
··· Paper trail of revisions for teacher to see
··· Teacher Tutorial - access link and how to use this with your learners
··· Microsoft OneDrive user instructions - a step-by-step visual tutorial. This will only take minutes!
··· All slides can be used over and over again.
OTHER FAHRENHEIT 451 FIRE
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!