Students explore physical and abstract theater through the theme of well known fairy tales - NO PREP REQUIRED!This curriculum aligned drama unit has 5 x 100 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities. A perfect way to explore physical theater!
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans based on Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Hansel and Gretel
- Homework Tasks
- 3 Short Scripts
- Additional and Extension Activities
- Differentiation Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Characterization. Physical Theater. Freeze Frame. Stereotypes. Drama Machine. Abstract Theater. Movement. Dialogue. Stage Directions. Status.
UNIT AIMS: Students explore physical and abstract theater through the theme of well known fairy tales. Students will:
- Visualize the world of a story and given circumstances
- Create characters with the body and voice
- Conceptualize a story, using the body to convey meaning
- Develop, share and reflect on movement
- Communicate ideas using the body and movement
- Explore various characters from stories
- Adapt a piece of literature using drama techniques into a scene with improvised dialogue
- Devise, rehearse and present scenes using drama techniques
- Use drama vocabulary
- Explore non-naturalistic performance and representational drama
Please note that this product is for personal classroom teaching or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify the written lesson material other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use. Graphics and fonts used in this product are used by Drama Trunk on license and must not be distributed, copied or modified in any way without permission of the relevant artwork / font owner. Drama Unit © 2017 Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING CARDS AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY (NOT PART OF A BUNDLE) AT MY STORE:
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
THEATRE / THEATER STYLES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources (coming soon) – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, added drama cards and more...