Fall literacy centers are aligned with Common Core Standards. Please download the preview file for more details and to see a screenshot of pages from each center.
Included in this packet are:
1. Fluency center: Sentence Shuffle Center "At the Pumpkin Patch"
**These centers are normally sold separately for $4.
2. Sentence Puzzle
3. Falling for Great Books: includes book list with 40 books that has reading levels, center sign, and 2 assignments
4. Fall for Homophones - fall leaves are cut in half, on each half is a homophone. Student match the homophone pair and then use 3 of the pair in a sentence.
4. Homophone memory game
5. Journal assignments: one page with 6 strips of sentence starters for school and one with 6 strips of sentence starters for home journal (homework program)
6. ABC order & autumn word bank - arrange the words in the autumn word bank in alphabetical order and then write on worksheet
Two examples of how to use this center:
Tips for a center
Small classroom? Tips for setting up a space saver – file folder game
OCTOBER themed lessons
◼ READER’S THEATER: Magic School Bus – Going Batty and There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat
◼ Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, and more Thanksgiving: turkey facts, Night Before Thanksgiving, adjectives, compound words, Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey, plural and possessive nouns task nouns
◼ Autumn Fluency Reading Passages
◼ FALL: Listen & Draw: listening & following directions>
◼ Bats, Bats, & More Bats: task cards, reading comprehension, interactive journal printables – Stellaluna and Bats by Gail Gibbons
◼ HALLOWEEN: interactive journal, task cards, and more – plural nouns, reading comprehension, vocabulary, prefixes, suffixes, word families
◼ SPIDERS: task cards, reading comprehension, interactive active journals, syllables, suffixes, Diary of a Spider
◼ KINDER and 1ST GRADE – FALL FUN - Morning Messages BUNDLE
◼ KINDER and 1ST GRADE - OCTOBER - Morning Messages BUNDLE
◼ OCTOBER Morning Messages – 1st Grade
◼ OCTOBER Morning Messages – 2nd Grade
Come follow me!
Documents are in PDF format. Please download one of the freebie pages first to ensure you will be able to download files you wish to purchase. If you have trouble, please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader.
Purchase is for your use at home and in the classroom. Please do not share or redistribute these materials with others. Materials may not be resold, put on a website, blog, or school server.