FALL LEAVES LITERACY and MATH EXTENSION ACTIVITIES contains eleven original, teacher created learning activities. The activities are in PDF format. These activities are great to use as literacy bag inserts, take home activities or class literacy centers (individual or small group).
1. Fall Phonics Board Game: Draw a picture card and determine whether the
picture begins with /f/, /l/, /s/, or /p/ and then move their token to the first correct answer on the game board.
2. Scarecrow Glyph: Follow the directions to complete your own scarecrow glyph.
3. Leaf Count: There are a couple ways this can be used. 1.) Count the leaves in each basket and match the correct number card to each. 2.) Draw two cards, count the leaves in each basket and then write and solve an addition or
subtraction to go with the cards drawn. 3.) Pick two cards and write a story
problem to go with them.
4. Creative Writing: Write about your favorite part of Fall.
5. Acorn Contractions: Read the words at the top of each acorn and then write the correct contraction for each.
6. Fall Leaf Graph: Sort and graph the leaves.
7. Unique Leaves: Find four leaves and put them in a line. Write a description for each. Read each description to a friend (one at a time) and see if the friend can pick out the leaf you are describing.
8. Measurement Man Scarecrow Directions: Make a measurement man scarecrow using construction paper (gallons, quarts, and pints)
9. Scarecrow Initial Consonant Blends: Study the picture of the scarecrow. Fill in the blanks with a consonant blend to make the word of an item shown in the picture.
10. ABC Order: Put the Fall theme word cards in ABC order. These can also be used to for sorting according to whether they are nouns, verbs or adjectives.
11. Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Matching: Match the lowercase letter cut outs to their correct uppercase partner on the mat.