Get kids excited about math with this fun hands-on collaborative project. Typically done during a Family Math Night event, this project can also be done in the classroom. The best part is, each person is individually represented in the final product!
The Fruit of Life is a sacred symbol that, according to Sacred Geometry, contains the patterns of all creation. Participants will use colorful duct tape and a 3" hoop to design one of the 13 circles of the Fruit of Life symbol. They'll learn about how the 5 Platonic Solids are embedded in the Fruit of Life.
Included in the lesson plan:
• list of materials needed
• mathematical background
• Sceintific background
• mathematical vocabulary
• Fruit of Life Collaborative Project table tent
• Fruit of Life: the Blueprint for the 5 Platonic Solids activity sheet
• nets for the 5 Platonic Solids: hexahedron, tetrahedron, dodecahedron, octahedron, iocsahedron
• The 5 Platonic Solids label for poster
• 5 Platonic Solids embedded in the Fruit of Life sheets
• link to the video version of the lesson
More great FAMILY MATH NIGHT and STEAM Collaborative Projects (See below for the bundled set of all lessons - a savings of $15!):
Salt Dough Tessellation
Get 16 lesson plans for $25...a savings of $15! (Does not include Fraction Quilt and Fish Bowl)
STEAM and Family Math Night Collaborative Project Bundle
If you're interested in other ideas for your Family Math Night events, I have a lot of them! Check out my blog,
pinterest page, website or YouTube Channel. And if you have questions, let me know!
Family Math Night Website
Family Math Night Blog
Family Math Night Pinterest
Family Math Night YouTube Channel
Wishing you a successful Family Math Night event!