Also included in
- It's here! 20% OFF! Three lessons about three popular Broadway subjects--Wicked the musical, actresses and singers Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. Looking for a seven day study? Begin with Wicked and its extension activities (individually or what a partner), then study the actresses who origi$13.60$18.25Save $4.65
- Save 20%!! This bundle has SIX famous women theater artists--Audra McDonald, Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Meryl Streep, Ali Stroker and Sarah Bareilles. Talk about girl power! The biographies include questions about the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and and a link$21.50
- BUNDLE save 20%!! Here are 40 lessons (1,014 pages) focused on Tony Award winning Broadway musicals and famous theater artists through short biographies. Students study, research, synthesize and apply the information with opportunities for individual, distance and/or cooperative learning. Teacher$199.80$218.50Save $18.70
- Save 10%!! This growing bundle is focused on 15 biographies of professional theater artists. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips. A teacher could use th$54.00$60.00Save $6.00
This distance learning lesson focuses on actress and singer Tony award-winning Idina Menzel. The student researches questions about her life, journey to Broadway, and various accolades she's received while practicing growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life.
This lesson takes sixty to ninety minutes to complete. #DistanceLearning#TPT
Need something for a substitute? All is needed is the internet.
Many teachers combine these biographies with other Dramamommaspeaks over actors Lin Manuel Miranda, actresses Audra McDonald and Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee, Tim Minchin, Pasek and Paul or Cynthia Erivo. Or they tie it to a lesson about the Tony Awards at Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
ATTENTION: If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out:
"Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
Or if you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
This product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including three links to videos of Menzel's performances
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you do: Follow Me
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"Absolutely loved this resource and it tied in nicely with our excursion to see a production. "
"This resource greatly added to my fractured fairy tale theatre unit! Thank you!"
"This is a perfect way to mix up my reading lessons and fun/ engaging. Thank you!"
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.