Also included in
- SAVE!! February is Black History month! Here's a great way to celebrate by studying the life journeys of two popular performing artists--Denzel Washington and Audra McDonald? These four lessons, two close reading and two one pager assignments are similar but different, depending upon the needs of t$13.05$13.50Save $0.45
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$224.35$248.35Save $24.00
- Save 20%!! This bundle has SIX famous women theater artists--Audra McDonald, Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel, Meryl Streep, Ali Stroker and Sarah Bareilles. Talk about girl power! The biographies include questions about the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and and a link$24.98$28.25Save $3.27
- Save 10%! Here is a bundle (481 pages) of theater lessons and units created especially for high school. Theater classes can be more than scenes, improvisation and monologues. There is a plethora of exciting theater subjects our high school students appreciate and enjoy learning. A teacher could as$126.45$140.50Save $14.05
- Save 10%!! This growing bundle is focused on biographies of professional theater artists. Suitable for middle grade and high school students, the biographies include a description of the artists' journeys to success in their field, trivia, quotes and suggested video clips. A teacher could use these$50.85$56.50Save $5.65
Celebrate Black history and Women's History Month with a close reading lesson that will also re-energize your class. This biography about the performing artist Audra McDonald is suitable for middle and high school students and can be used as a stand alone lesson or with other biographies. Each lesson in the Places Please series is tailored to the strengths of that particular artist.
In addition, a teacher can assign these lessons to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute?
This Product includes:
- A Complete Bio about Audra McDonald from birth to present day
- A Suggested Lesson, Creating New Lyrics for a Song From a Musical, Complements the Learning
- Important Dates in Her Life
- Awards She Has Won
- Quotes from McDonald
- Questions and Answer Sheet (including a key)
- Sources & Links to Film Examples--McDonald Interviews and Performances
Comprehensive? You bet.
This is a unique, engaging product created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have said of my products:
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
Costume Design with Fairy Tales
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Set Design the School Setting
"Love this unit! What a great way for students to work together!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.