- A bundle of 4 resources on fictional story writing.This bundle includes:Handouts: Vocabulary, Fictional Story Elements, RubricsWorksheets, Exercises, and Task CardsLesson Plan with ResourcesReady to use PowerPoint PresentationTeachers can use these ready-made resources to enhance the vocabulary, lan$10.00$7.00Save $3.00
- A bundle of lessons on story writing.This download includes resources on:Alternate Ending StoryDigital Story TellingFictional StoryNarrative StoryPicture Perception StoryCautionary Tales, Urban Legends, Mini SagasSuspense StoryAn Action ThrillerHere are some possible uses for these in your classroom$24.00$16.80Save $7.20
- Product Description
A lesson plan that presents teaching and learning resources on fictional story writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Differentiate between fiction and non-fiction.
- Express stories orally applying knowledge of story elements.
- Apply knowledge of story elements through planning.
- Apply strategies learned in oral expression to writing.
This Resource Includes:
- Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
- Vocabulary Overview - Plot, Moral, Point of View
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Fictional Story
- Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – K-W-L Chart
- Success Criteria - Fictional Story Writing Checklist
- Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
- Scaffolder Notes - Fictional Story Elements
- Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – Online Quizzes
- Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
- Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
- Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - Exercise
- Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - PEEC Technique
- Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Task Cards
- Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.W.8.3abcde/5/10
- Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
- Educational Tools and Resources - Connectives, Adverbs, Verbs, Adjectives
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students how to write a fictional story, thereby helping them to enhance their writing skills.
For a PowerPoint Presentation on the same topic you may refer to:
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
- WRITING BUNDLE-LESSON PLANS: Great resource to always have! Really helped to raise the rigor of my lessons! – Cheri Reynolds
- DIALOGUE WRITING: This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
- CAPITALIZATION RULES: The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing. – Mary Z.
- ACTIVE VERBS: This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
- FICTIONAL STORY WRITING: A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
- NOUN PHRASES: This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
- PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING: Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS: Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
- FIRST-AID: Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES: These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
- PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS: I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT: I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
- OXYMORON: This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
- SEVEN AGES OF MAN: This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
- PREPOSITION TYPES HANDOUT: My students loved this poster. - Patricia O.
- PLAY-SCRIPT PRESENTATION: This looks awesome! I am excited to use it with my advanced theater class this year! - Kimberly R.
- THE HIGHWAYMAN POEM ANALYSIS: AWESOME resource! I highly recommend this product! – Samantha L.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: