I don’t know about you, but my students are absolutely obsessed with soccer, especially FIFA! Many of my students create their own “ultimate fantasy team” online or at home on their gaming systems. So... what better way to motivate them then to bring this love into the speech room?!
- 231 player cards
- EET activity
- phono/artic activity
- vocabulary activity
- team map outline
- team "wish list"
This activity and player cards may be altered and used in a variety of ways. I have listed a few activity options below, but feel free to make this your own! I have also included a key containing the different types of player cards- ranking from least valuable to most valuable.
Students can earn players by completing tasks associated with each level of card or they can collect coins to save up for players of their choice. I utilize the cards by having my students choose which level card they desire and then they have to complete the corresponding task.
- Based on the level of card- student has to complete task associated with each card (easiest to hardest).
- Earn a player card for each met target, student with the most cards wins!
- Collect coins for each accurate production. Student will “buy” players at the end.
- Create your own game!
Player cards can be used as an incentive, or to have students practice producing player names and statistics (may be very tricky for those not familiar with soccer players!).
- Based on the level of card- student has to produce target word/sound x amount of times.
- Student can earn bronze card for producing sound at syllable level, silver card- word level, gold card- sentence level, blue/black cards- reading level, special color cards- pick a topic and use best speech in conversation.
- Earn a player card for each accurate sound production. Student with the most cards wins!
- Student collects coins for each correct production. Student can “buy” players at the end of the session.
- Create your own!
I have included a chart of tasks I require my students to complete for each level, but I have also included blank copies for you to customize for each group of students.
Students may build their team using the attached sheets with 11 blank gold cards. These can be printed and laminated for students to organize their players and determine how many more players they need to complete their team.
I have included copies of coins but feel free to use chips or bingo markers