PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
PART OF A BUNDLE
This fifteen minute play script, suitable for elementary and middle grade level students shares the themes of multiculturalism, winter, kindness and forgiveness. It is excellent for cooperative learning, studies of other cultures, and very suitable for a Vocal Music, Social Studies class as well as a Drama.
Based on the beloved Japanese folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
• dramatize a folk tale using many of the elements of drama
• create straw hats
• design snowflakes
• sing an original song written in a pentatonic scale
• and use their imaginations to express emotion through movement.
Integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together! Your students can sing and accompany the song with metallophones, xyllophones and percussion.
This product comes with:
• stage properties list
• costume suggestions,
• original song and recording of the melody with the accompaniment
• separate file of script for students, including stage properties list, songs and sound effects
Comprehensive? You bet.
Time tested and created by an award winning teacher and author,
Ojisan and the Grateful Statues is a guaranteed winner.
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
or my blog at Dramamommaspeaks.com
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
Radio Theater I
"This is such an original and creative drama unit. It is extremely thorough and has everything I need. I think you covered all the bases. Excellent resource, I highly recommend."
Storytelling through Student Created Pictures
"I love the challenges included in this resource and what it does to storytelling. I can't wait to try them with my students! Thank you!"
An absolutely comprehensive package that is easy to implement- what a time saver! A creative way of encouraging students to learn about stage properties, view video examples, take notes, and simply be creative! Looking forward to using this!
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.