FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE ACTIVITY: QUOTES TASK CARDS
Help your students practice finding figurative language with this fun and engaging activity. In this activity, students will circulate the room to find task cards with famous quotes that contain figurative language. They will record what figure of speech they think the quote uses on their sheet! The figurative language covered in these task cards are metaphor, simile, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia, and oxymoron.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Teacher instructions for how to set up and organize the activity
• 28 Task cards that include a quote from a famous person that includes figurative language. Each card also includes a sentence which tells you some information about the famous person.
• A student recording sheet with the famous people's names and a space for them to label what type of figurative language is used
• A student reference sheet that includes the definitions of each of the figures of speech.
• A detailed teacher answer key with explanations for each response
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE RESOURCE BUNDLE
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
LITERARY TERM OF THE WEEK
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!