Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE ACTIVITY: TEXT MESSAGES: This resource helps your students practice identifying figurative language (metaphor, simile, hyperbole, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia, and oxymoron) in a fun and modern way -by searching for them in text message conversations!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 40 Task cards with original text message conversations that include a variety of figurative language! Students are asked to read the text message and locate examples of metaphor, simile, alliteration, hyperbole, onomatopoeia, personification, and/or oxymoron. Two versions of this document are included: One for easy printing of a set of task cards, and another version with two of the same task card per page, so you can complete one a week to last you the whole year!
• An 80 slide Powerpoint presentation that prompts students to find the figurative language in each of the text message conversations and a detailed, animated answer key for class review!
• A PDF printable answer key for each of the task cards
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE
1. FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE TEXT MESSAGE OF THE WEEK: Put the text message of the week up on the screen once a week to start your day. Have students complete the ready-to-print task card independently or with a partner. Go over the corrections as a class with the animated Powerpoint! This will last you the whole school year!
2. TEXT MESSAGE FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE GROUP WORK:Have students work in a pair or with a group to find the figurative language. Have each group volunteer to share and explain the examples they found.
3. TEXT MESSAGE FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE TASK CARDS: Have students complete these task cards during centers or as enrichment. Print out the teacher answer key and have them check their work to see if they were correct!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans