Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PRACTICE: BELL RINGERS & TASK CARDS
Engage your students as soon as they walk in the room with these figurative language weekly bell ringers that will last you the entire school year! The bell-ringers allow students to determine what figurative language is used in examples (2 per slide). The resource also includes a student booklet and task-card format, so they can easily be used in a reading station.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A BUNDLE. CLICK BELOW!
The types of figurative language included in this resource are simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia, oxymoron, idiom, hyperbole, allusion, alliteration, pun, assonance, synecdoche, and irony.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 40 slide Powerpoint presentation. Each slide has two examples using one or more types of figurative language. Once students have determined what types are used, simply click to reveal the answers!
• Each of the 40 slides are also in task card format for easy use in a center in your classroom.
• A ready-to-print booklet (organized by week) so students can keep it in their binder to complete them as bell-ringers.
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
1. Friday Figurative Language: Pass out the bell-ringer booklet version to your students at the start of the year. Introduce one of the slides to your class per week for 40 weeks as bell-ringers. Everyone determines what figurative language is used, click to see the answers.
2. Writing Center: Include a packet of the task cards at a center where students can choose which ones to work on. The work can be done on the task card or using the work booklet. Print out 6 slides per page on Powerpoint (option provided when you print) and keep a definition booklet for students to check their answers.
3. Pair Work: Give each pair of students a task card and have them complete it together. Then, each pair can present the sentences to the class.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans