This is a hands-on, interactive preschool/kindergarten unit that will help your children learn how fire helps us and hurts us, how to get out of a burning house safely (acting it out). It also includes fire-related, academic activities.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
* A science experiment
* Good fire/Bad Fire activity, with cards
* 2 math lessons (including charts and one activity page, one lesson is literature-based on "Three Little Firefighters" and involves sorting by attributes. The other involves patterning.)
* An art project
* 2 interactive classroom activities on fire safety
* A page of suggested imaginative play props for the playground
* A page of firefighter shields
* A "Spin and Color" coloring page game
* A coloring page
* A map/note to go home with children, encouraging families to plan an escape route and a meeting place in case of fire
* A list of suggested books about firefighting